Born in Burma, educated in England,eventually moved to Jaipur and joined Maharani Gayatri Devi School as its founder principal in 1943. She coined the school motto, “Utmost for the Highest” and it truly mirrors her selfless commitment and vision for the school. Under her, the school grew from humble beginnings into being one of the finest schools. Miss Lutter was awarded a Certificate of Merit from the Government of Burma in 1943. King Geroge VI conferred her with the M.B.E (Member of the Order of the British Empire) in 1944. She became the Girl Guide Commissioner of Rajasthan in 1955 and was awarded the decoration “The Beaver”. She received the Girl Guide Award of the Medal of Merit from the Imperial Guide Headquarters, London. She was the President of Jaipur State Teachers’ Association and the Jaipur Sports Association. In 1970, she was awarded the Padma Shri by Shri V.V. Giri, the then President of India. In 1974, the Nagarika Club honoured her with a plaque as one of its most prominent citizens. In 1976, she was awarded O.B.E (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) by Queen Elizabeth II at an investiture at Buckingham Palace. She passed away on 18th June 1980. Her mortal remains rest in the MGD Quiet Corner. In 1982, she was posthumously awarded the title of ‘Rajasthan Shree’ by the state government. “In the minds of most of us Miss Lutter and MGD are one and the same. Miss Lutter lived for the school.” – Hemalata Prabhu.